Vital 'Boss' Wins Award
The New Football Pools Fanzine Awards 2008 recently gave 'Best Editor' to the one and only Jonathan Fear.
'The Fear' is a life long Villa fan and director of Vital football and was described by his editorial team as 'fun`, 'witty` and 'having that rare ability to poke fun at the club he loves and at himself` while the judges were impressed by the contribution he has made to improve the relationship between the fans and Aston Villa.
More than six thousand people voted for their favourite fanzine and here are the results:
1. Best Overall Fanzine - 'A Love Supreme` - Sunderland AFC
2. Best Premier League Fanzine - 'A Love Supreme` - Sunderland AFC
3. Best Championship Fanzine - 'A Kick Up The R`s` - Queens Park Rangers FC
4. Best League One Fanzine - 'Monkey Business` - Hartlepool United FC
5. Best League Two Fanzine - 'The City Gent` - Bradford City FC
6. Best Non-League Fanzine - 'We`re Not Playing on THAT pitch` - Silsden AFC
7. Best Editor - Jonathan Fear, editor of 'Vital Villa` - Aston Villa FC
8. Best Writer - Mickey Blue Eyes, writer for 'Blue Kipper` - Everton FC
9. Best Blog - 'Kopblog` - Liverpool FC
Speaking to Vital Villa, the new Best Editor said 'I must admit when I was first told I ran down the street naked. I thought I'd won the new football pools and was dreaming of how I'd spend the million, I had to be hauled back to save my blushes - or more to the point the revoltion of my neighbours...!
Seriously, when nominated I thought it was great to have made the short list, but feel very proud to have won this award as I was up against some very tough competition. There, and you all just thought I was a madman. Now it's official, I'm the best madman in town!
I would thank you all, the co-eds, mods and users, but lets face it's all down to my genious, not yours!!!I don't expect to be treated any differently when we next meet, although obviously a small bow would be appropriate as well as refering to me as Mr Best Editor in future dealings!!!!'
Well Done, J! And thanks for all your help over the last season and does this mean we will be getting more pennies??????!!!
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.