RUFC - Millers Stick To Their Guns
Rotherham United are sticking to their guns and turning down, what they consider, are poor offers for their top striker, Adam Le Fondre.
Alfie joined the Millers from Rochdale two years ago and is in the last year of his contract, meaning, at the end of the season, he could go for nothing. The twenty-four year old was offered an extension to his contract at the end of last season but, as is his right, he refused it, saying that he wants to play higher.
With the Millers not wanting to say too much about the situation, when asked this morning, it seems that they dismissed that a bid had been made by neighbours Sheffield Wednesday. But, this afternoon, Chief Operating Officer, Paul Douglas told Radio Sheffield, 'Have we had a bid for him? Yes, we have and we have rejected that bid because it doesn't reach our valuation of him.
'Effectively it is as you were and he is our player and we are hopeful that he will remain our player until the end of the season - at the very least.'
Neither Rotherham United or Sheffield Wednesday will say 'aye' or 'nay' about a bid for Alfie but Mr Douglas said, 'The bid was made within the last twenty-four hours and was significantly short of our valuation.'
With the Millers having had, and rejected, six bids for Alfie, Mr Douglas said, 'We aren't inviting bids for Adam. He's not for sale and we are quite happy with him, but you can't stop people enquiring after your players and we haven't encouraged any of them to come back with another bid.'
Sheffield Wednesday Manager, Gary Megson admitted that he'd put in bids for two strikers, both who are out of contract at the end of the season but said, 'I would feel uncomfortable if I was to say who the bids were for. But, we will only be getting one, even if both bids are accepted.'
border='0' alt='Join The Vital Debate'>
Vital Rotherham on:
Vital Rotherham on:
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.