RUFC - Questions And Answers With Diggerman
The Millers come up against Championship side Middlesbrough in their penultimate friendly game at the New York Stadium and 'Boro fan diggerman came under our spotlight.
1. How long have you been supporting Boro'
Since I was 10 years old (1972)
2. What is the first football game involving your team that you went to
Went to my first game on Good Friday 1972 (31st March). It was a 0-0 draw a home to Luton, in the old 2nd division.
3. How do you think your team did last season
First half of the season we did really well (results wise), but after that we were shocking. We went from an automatic promotion spot to within 5 points of relegation.
4. What improvements would you make to your club if you could
I'd love to see some money injected so that we could get some decent players and be on a sound, financial footing.
5. Do you attend home and away games, just home, just away or a mixture of both
Just home now (not all as I work quite a lot of weekends). Used to travel away a lot when i was younger.
6. Have you been to the New York Stadium before - or Millmoor or Don Valley. If so what was your impression of it/them
Not been to any of Rotherham's grounds
Ed note - You don't know what you're missing digger!
7. How do you expect Middlesbrough to do in the coming season
Not confident to be honest. Mid table would be a pleasant surprise.
8. Who is your favourite ever player for Boro'
I liked John Hickton and Graeme Souness
9. Who should we be looking out for when you play us
To be honest, no-one really springs to mind
10. What, if anything, do you know about the Millers
I've followed your results since speaking with Caz/Bez on the Millers forum. (Ed note - See we are good for some things!
I also know that you went through a really sticky patch financially - something you have in common with Boro - we were on the verge of 'going under in the summer of 1986'
Can I also say good luck on your coming season in league one.
Thanks a lot digger! And Good Luck to 'Boro next season!
Don`t forget, you can also catch Vital Rotherham on Facebook and Twitter!
Vital Rotherham on:
Vital Rotherham on: