Date:Wednesday September 12 2007
1. What was the main contributory fact that made you choose to join the Millers?
Alan Knill showed a keen interest and the chance to stay in League 1
2. Who are the best players you've played with and against in your careers.
With Jason Koumas/Ryan Taylor(now Wigan)
3. Do you think there should be a cap on the number of foreign players per squad, in order to enhance the progression of home-bred players in the English Leagues?
No not really, just that foreign players should all be of International class; this meaning that standards are high.
4. What are your realistic hopes and ambitions for your time at Millmoor?
Obviously this season is to get promotion be it automatic or play offs. Personally it would be to play every game and score over 5 goals
5. How does the Millmoor playing surface compare with other clubs?
The surface is good especially with what happened in the summer. There is the slope but that can work to our advantage as well.
6. Who has been your toughest opponent so far in your career?
Anelka for pure pace. Sherringham for movement and touch
7. Who's the biggest joker in the Millmoor camp, and do you have any stories that can be told to highlight this.
Andy Todd - you only have to look at him to laugh
8. Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far?
My parents and youth coaches at Tranmere - Warwick Rimmer and John McMahon
9. What is your routine on match days?
I always go to sleep early the night before, around 9-9.30 .Get up about 9.30-10.00 and have egg on toast. Around 11.00 I'll have pasta then shower and make sure I'm at the ground about 1.45 before kick off. In between I am just lounging around watching TV
10. Training....enjoyment or a burden.
11. What is the highlight of your career so far?
Think season 2004-5 was probably my best and although we got beat in the play offs it was a good season in general
12. How much difference does it make having the fans singing/chanting at home/away games?
I think away from home it probably makes more difference and normally our away following is really good
13. Is there any player, not now playing, who you would love to have played alongside?
I would have loved to see king Kenny Dalgleish in his prime
14. How much influence has your family had on your football lives?
My Mum and Dad have watched 90% of my games throughout my life. My dad is my biggest fan and critic at the same time
15. Be honest, what did you actually know of Rotherham before you signed for us?
Not a lot to be honest. I knew of the success that Ronnie Moore had had. Having moved myself and the family over I have got to know more and more about the area and am quite impressed
We'd like to thank Ian for taking time out to answer our questions. After his injury kept him out of the first team last week, we hope he is soon fit and on the football field again.
Date:Wednesday September 12 2007
FSF Match Day Protest Over Prices - Rotherham (Friday August 28 2015)
RUFC - Halford 'Individual Mistakes Costing Us' (Friday August 28 2015)
RUFC - Smallwood 'We've Got To Take Those Chances' (Friday August 28 2015)
RUFC - Evans 'Prings Will Get Good Reception' (Friday August 28 2015)
RUFC - Grant Hopes To Go Into Break With A Win (Friday August 28 2015)
RUFC - Millers Won't Go Down The Road Of Overspending (Friday August 28 2015)
RUFC - Latest On Guest And Chrimes Building (Friday August 28 2015)
RUFC - Head-to-Head v Fulham (Thursday August 27 2015)
RUFC - Frecks A Doubt For Fulham Game (Thursday August 27 2015)
RUFC - Ref Watch v Fulham (Thursday August 27 2015)
|18. Bristol City||4||1||1||2||-3||4|
|Hughton Previews Ipswich Challenge
» Brighton : 28/08/2015 17:59:00
|Rotherham (a) - Stat Attack
» Fulham : 28/08/2015 17:21:00
|Rotherham v Fulham - Early Team News
» Fulham : 28/08/2015 17:12:01
|Slade Plays Down Nolan Rumours
» Cardiff : 28/08/2015 17:11:00
|Vital Preview - Nottingham Forest v Cardiff
» Cardiff : 28/08/2015 17:02:00