Date:Sunday October 21 2007
1.What was the main contributory fact that made you choose to join the Millers?
I was impressed with what the gaffer and Brecks had to say, their ambitions and wanting to take the Club forward
2. Who are the best players you've played with and against in your careers.
Steven Gerrard is the best player played against, good at everything and very quick!
Carlos Edwards is the best I have played with. On his day he's unplayable, just needs to be more consistent. I`ve seen him make full backs look stupid!
3. Do you think there should be a cap on the number of foreign players per squad, in order to enhance the progression of home-bred players in the English Leagues?
I don't think so, if you're good enough you'll make it. Premier league wouldn't be the no.1 league in the world if it wasn't for the foreign players
4. What are your realistic hopes and ambitions for your time at Millmoor?
I will be disappointed if we didn't get promoted this season, even hopefully push on as far up the leagues as we can
5. How does the Millmoor playing surface compare with other clubs?
Excellent, love playing at home I am really impressed with the surface, lets hope it stays like that
6. Who has been your toughest opponent so far in your career?
Gerrard. The fittest and quickest player I played against - a machine!
7. Who's the biggest joker in the Millmoor camp, and do you have any stories that can be told to highlight this.
Everyone joins in with the banter; MJ (Mark Joseph) is quite funny. The funniest thing this season is Beany running into a plastic mannequin the first day he joined on loan....hilarious!!
8. Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far?
Mum and Dad always been there for me to encourage me.
Ricky Hill, Sheffield Wednesday youth team coach/1st Luton manager. He is a great coach and always gives you confidence.
9. What is your routine on match days?
Nothing special. Get up; eat well, watch TV, FOCUS on the game!
10. Training....enjoyment or a burden.
Love training - as long as the balls are out!
11. What is the highlight of your career so far?
Two promotions with Luton! Playing regularly in the Championship
12. How much difference does it make having the fans singing/chanting at home/away games?
A big difference, it gives the lads a real buzz when the fans are behind us.
13. Is there any player, not now playing, who you would love to have played alongside?
Maradonna, just to see how good he really was. I am told he was brilliant before he had problems.
14. How much influence has your family had on your football lives?
A big influence, they`ve followed me all over, even abroad, to support me.
15. Be honest, what did you actually know of Rotherham before you signed for us?
I knew it was down the road from Sheffield during my time at Wednesday. I can't say I knew much about them. I remember their double promotion with Ronnie Moore though!
All at Rotherham Vital want to say Thanks to Peter for taking time out to answer our questions and carry on the good work!
Date:Sunday October 21 2007
RUFC - Head-to-Head v Reading (Monday April 27 2015)
RUFC - Gaffer Plea To Fans (Monday April 27 2015)
RUFC - Evans 'We Note Comments And Dismiss Them' (Monday April 27 2015)
RUFC - Ref Watch v Reading (Monday April 27 2015)
RUFC -Championship Round-Up (Monday April 27 2015)
RUFC - Millers Award Night (Sunday April 26 2015)
RUFC - View From The Opposition - Norwich City (Sunday April 26 2015)
Stats: Rotherham United v Norwich City (Sunday April 26 2015)
RUFC - Jordan Wants To Start (Saturday April 25 2015)
RUFC - Evans Post Norwich (Saturday April 25 2015)
|Art of Football: Unique Football Designs
» Watford : 27/04/2015 23:41:00
» Bolton : 27/04/2015 21:36:00
|RUFC - Head-to-Head v Reading
» Rotherham : 27/04/2015 19:44:00
|RUFC - Gaffer Plea To Fans
» Rotherham : 27/04/2015 19:36:01
|RUFC - Evans 'We Note Comments And Dismiss Them'
» Rotherham : 27/04/2015 19:32:00