Date:Tuesday November 6 2007
Rotherham United's Jamie Yates fired himself into Millers fans hearts when he came on as substitute against Morecambe and bagged himself two goals.
He was also Rotherham Vital's Player of the Month for October and we were pleased when he agreed to answer our questions:
1. What was the main contributory fact that made you choose to join the Millers?
To have a realistic chance of becoming a professional, rather than go to a bigger club
2. Who are the best players you've played with and against in your careers?
Probably Will Hoskins along with Paul Hurst
Against Brian Deane, Keith Gillespie and Neil Shipperly
3. Do you think there should be a cap on the number of foreign players per squad, in order to enhance the progression of home-bred players in the English Leagues?
Definitely I feel developing home grown players is essential to English football
4. What are your realistic hopes and ambitions for your time at Millmoor?
To play as many games as possible and score as many goals.
5. How does the Millmoor playing surface compare with other clubs?
One of the best I've played on as good as anybody in the league!
6. Who has been your toughest opponent so far in your career?
Alan Wright, ex Villa, Sheffield Utd
7. Who's the biggest joker in the Millmoor camp, and do you have any stories that can be told to highlight this?
Andy Todd he never shuts up, the busiest man in League football
8. Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far?
The Gaffer, Alan Knill and Mick Hennigan
9. What is your routine on match days?
To lie in, have a light breakfast and to watch soccer am.
10. Training....enjoyment or a burden
Pure enjoyment, at my age every session should be.
11. What is the highlight of your career so far?
Making my debut at Brentford last season and scoring my first two senior goals last week vs. Morecambe
12. How much difference does it make having the fans singing/chanting at home/away games?
Great to see the fans turn up they have been excellent so far this year.
13. Is there any player, not now playing, who you would love to have played alongside?
Yes, Dennis Bergkamp
14. How much influence has your family had on your football lives?
A massive one without them I would not be where I am now.
15. Be honest, what did you actually know of Rotherham before you signed for us?
I was only 9 years old when I came here but I knew a lot of the South Yorkshire club.
Thank you, Jamie! And Good Luck for the rest of the season!
Date:Tuesday November 6 2007
RUFC - Redfearn 'Collins Played A Real Part' (Saturday November 28 2015)
RUFC - Redfearn 'Best Has Helped Jono' (Saturday November 28 2015)
RUFC - Redfearn Praise For Ward (Saturday November 28 2015)
RUFC - Redfearn 'Real Tough Diligence About U's (Saturday November 28 2015)
Redfearn Gets First Home Win (Saturday November 28 2015)
Millers v Robins Preview (Saturday November 28 2015)
RUFC - Joe Relieved To Get First Goal For Millers (Saturday November 28 2015)
RUFC - Lenighan Will Give 'One Hundred Per Cent' (Friday November 27 2015)
RUFC - Warren Out On Loan (Friday November 27 2015)
RUFC - Another Addition For Millers (Friday November 27 2015)
|19. MK Dons||18||4||4||10||-9||16|
|20. Bristol City||18||3||7||8||-12||16|
» Birmingham : 28/11/2015 21:34:00
|Boro on the rise
» Middlesbrough : 28/11/2015 21:17:01
|Karanka not happy with performance
» Middlesbrough : 28/11/2015 21:04:01
|RUFC - Redfearn 'Collins Played A Real Part'
» Rotherham : 28/11/2015 20:09:01
|RUFC - Redfearn 'Best Has Helped Jono'
» Rotherham : 28/11/2015 20:06:01