Rotherham United Forum - Final League Position?!
Vital Football

Latest Rotherham United News

Rotherham United Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: If you can't laugh at yourself why laugh at others ?
- (Added by: Pukka Pieman)
Current Poll (see more polls)
I know Warney says 'no' but do you think we need a defensive coach?
Suggested By:
Most Certainly96%
I agree with Warney4%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.herringthorpe311
2.sixpence191
3.Millie Miller42
4.mos6031
5.Marky7928
6.mvmiller25
7.axholme18
8.nogginthenog16
9.miller4life13
10.sthelensmiller6
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Final League Position?!
07 November 2017 14:27 Post ID: #564391
supreme miller
Warney predicted a top 10 finish. At the beginning of any season it’s not what you want to hear. On recent evaluation of team play it would be fantastic to finish so high up the league. It would be more than respectable.

However, we don’t possess a top 10 back line. With Keiffer gone in January we won’t possess the firepower to outscore teams. So the defence needs to be mega tight so the odd goal we manage to score counts. Weak and wobbly is what we currently have. Add the uncertainty of the keepers and teams are smelling blood.

I think this month will show what we’re made of as it’s so tough. Any points accumulated in my opinion is a bonus. To get anything it will all depend on what happens at the back. Things need to tighten up else we’re looking at a relegation battle.

I know, I see you roll your eyes and think it’s not possible, trust me, it is.

A winless Novemeber and things will look desperate if they don’t already.

As it currently stands I would add 10 places to Warneys pre season evaluation and say the Millers will finish in 20th by the skin of our teeth.

Where do you think the Millers will finish?
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
07 November 2017 16:52 Post ID: #564398 - in reply to #564391
born to be a miller
I said at the start of the season if we finished in the top half I believe that would be a good season for the Millers.

We've had some good results and got into the top six but I still thought a top of the half finish would be a good one.

Personally, I think we need a defensive coach - we have a goalkeeping coach, a midfielder and forwards on the backroom staff but no defensive input, unless we are thinking Breck is going to do it?

If we get the defence actually defending then I think we will be in the top half of the table, but probably not in a place to get up.
Like post
Like this post
07 November 2017 17:13 Post ID: #564399 - in reply to #564391
born to be a miller
Half way, if were lucky!
Like post
Like this post
07 November 2017 20:04 Post ID: #564401 - in reply to #564391
supreme miller
Coaching could help but the way that everyone deals with things, in such a panic stricken way, I think more a Psychologist would be beneficial! I'm not kidding, I think they're good players but are just totally shot of confidence. When I started playing properly as a kid I remember being frightened when the ball came to me and they have that about them. I think tonight we should just knock the ball about the back line all game and practise defending as a Unit when we lose it. A training exercise. Get a bit of confidence up. Doesn't matter what score it is, just get the back lads and keeper working together.

Anyway, I agree, a defensive coach would be a big help. A Psychologist too.

Let's hope things tighten up sufficiently enough before it's too late.
Like post
Like this post
07 November 2017 21:04 Post ID: #564406 - in reply to #564391
born to be a miller
Maybe we can get a defensive coach who is also a psychologist!
Like post
Like this post
07 November 2017 22:48 Post ID: #564409 - in reply to #564391
born to be a miller
I said last May I wouldbe happy if we finished in the top half of the league this season and I still feel the same.
You don't recover from a season like the last one overnight.

I think the back four will perform a lot better when they are a more settled unit.

Playing in front of O'Donnell on Saturday - I don't think any defenders would have b een able to play with confidence!

Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: